What Can't You Get From Amazon, Give the Gift of A Gift Card

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Do they really love their "BLACK" selves?

Taye Diggs did an interview today on CNN regarding a book he wrote for children called Chocolate Me, I love Taye Diggs I think he is a wonderful and talented actor, however I am bothered by these Black Actors & Actresses that portray like they love our Black Community and they are there for our Black Community and capitalize off our Black Dollars but yet and still they go home to their Non-Black Family,,,,,Taye Diggs wrote a book for children about embracing the skin your in,,,,has he embraced the skin he's in? I mean he has a white wife and believe you me I have no problem with a black man dating a white woman or a woman of any other ethnicity, my son who is a proud black man, dates a beautiful white woman,,,,,he has dated several woman and she is the one that has his heart,,,,,my son is only 18 and he has been dating his sweetheart for 2 years so this could go the long haul, or it can be a teenage love thing, I know my son loves me, loves his family is proud to be black and I did not raise him to see color,,,,,my only concern was that he dated a "girl", My son also is not on national TV representing his people,,,,and this is where I have the problem, you cannot be a strong role model or an advocate for your people if you are not fully embracing your "blackness", How do you tell another child to be proud to be black and embrace your skin when you didn't even make a black child yourself,,,,,,did you hate your own skin so much that you didn't want to pass that down to your seed, and I think that is the case,,,,I have yet to see Taye play a black role in which he dates or marries a White Woman, Taye knows this will not be acceptable in Hollywood and he also knows that we as a Black Community will not support him, so he hides out and "plays" this role for us, but meanwhile back on the Ranch, he goes home to play the role he wish he always could have been and been born in,,,,I'm sure he is envious of his son's mixed skin color, waking up everyday, wishing it was his.    Feel free to disagree,,,,,but somethings just need to be pointed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews